Application Period Closed for: Social Media Content Manager Job Description
Join Our Company in the Future:
McLernon & Co. is a social media agency whose mission is to Keep Social Media Social. We offer a variety of services to our clients including social media strategy, consulting, content and campaign management.
Founder & CEO Amanda McLernon started the agency in 2016 after realizing that the social media industry needed more focus and more strategic expertise than other full service marketing agencies could give it. We have been successful in this mission and are proud to have just been recognized as one of the top 100 influencers in advertising and marketing.
Our team loves content marketing and digital marketing and uses our expertise in the industry to create, launch and manage campaigns that are strategic and savvy.
We are proud to be social media content creators, managers and strategists, and our work is treated with respect amongst our peers in the industry. We know that social media is so much more than likes and follows, and when done properly can drive serious results for our clients.
McLernon & Co. is based in Reno, NV and Denver, CO but hiring is not exclusive to those locations, though candidates in those cities are especially encouraged to apply.
You’re a good fit for our team if:
- You like social media and learning about new platforms
- You are a daily learner
- You’re eager to develop your skill set and influence the social media industry
- You love to blog
- You’re proficient at working remote
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
You’re a GREAT fit for our team if:
- You want to see marketing agencies treat their team better
- You want to work on a team that loves serving our clients and impacting their businesses
- You believe in our mission to Keep Social Media Social™️
Very Important: The perfect candidate can see a future in social media, and is proud to be working in social media.
How mental wellness is supported at our company:
Mental wellness at McLernon & Co. is important because we know that social media professionals are on the frontlines of the internet and social media, both of which we know impact mental wellness. Therefore we are proactive about establishing boundaries for our team.
- Traditional working weeks at our company are limited to 40 hours a week: we set hard boundaries with little to no email or Slack after hours unless it’s a hot matter (which is limited in this business), plus, no weekend communication unless it’s a predetermined weekend project for a client.
- Our full time team members can be reimbursed for up to $125 per month for mental wellness support.
- The amount of time on social media platforms during working hours for any team member is expected to be a maximum of 20 hours/ week.
- Though our industry does require our team to be online via email and Slack, it doesn’t require us to be on social media 40 hours a week. Our team is encouraged to find opportunities to fulfill their role without having social media tabs open.
- Our team members have the choice to have monthly 1:1 meetings with our Founder & CEO, Amanda to talk about their personal relationship with social media.
The salary range for this role (not currently open) is $50,000-$60,000 base, for someone with a minimum of 2 years experience at another agency, and 2-4 years out of college. We share this because we believe transparency in salaries is helpful for equality across the industry.
We believe in paying people what they are worth, and believe that many people in the social media industry are underpaid by other agencies and companies.
Our HQ is based in Denver, CO., which is an expensive place for people to live. We build the pay scale for our national, remote team off of this city. We have hourly roles and salaried team members.
We never ask anyone who applies to do any free work – we believe that to be “icky” and a poor hiring practice. (We don’t like when it’s done to us, so we won’t do it others.)
We are not currently accepting applications, but if you are dying to join our team, here are some of the other needs we have:
- Sales – but not anything cold. We take a relationship approach, backed by a gold-star sales process and client onboarding process. You would need to have a passion for people and social media in this role. Email email@example.com with your resume, a note explaining why you’re great with a creative subject line.