Social Media Content Manager Job Description
Join Our Company:
McLernon & Co. is a social media agency whose mission is to Keep Social Media Social. We offer a variety of services to our clients including social media strategy, consulting, content and campaign management.
Founder & CEO Amanda McLernon started the agency in 2016 after realizing that the social media industry needed more focus and more strategic expertise than other full service marketing agencies could give it. We have been successful in this mission and are proud to have just been recognized as one of the top 100 influencers in advertising and marketing.
Our team loves content marketing and digital marketing and uses our expertise in the industry to create, launch and manage campaigns that are strategic and savvy.
We are proud to be social media content creators, managers and strategists, and our work is treated with respect amongst our peers in the industry. We know that social media is so much more than likes and follows, and when done properly can drive serious results for our clients.
McLernon & Co. is based in Reno, NV and Denver, CO but hiring is not exclusive to those locations, though candidates in those cities are especially encouraged to apply.
The social media content manager is responsible for:
- Client Communications
- Content Creation
- Community Management
- Campaign Fulfillment
- Reporting & Analytics
- Meeting and exceeding KPIs per account across multiple platforms and clients
You’re a good fit for this role if:
- You like social media and learning about new platforms
- You are a daily learner
- You’ve managed and grown 2+ business social media accounts
- You’re adept at using the following social platforms for business accounts:
- You have some experience using one or more of the following social media tools:
- Sprout Social
- You’re eager to develop your skill set and graduate into the role of a strategist
- You understand how to decipher and communicate Google Analytics data
- You’re adept at writing blogs (500 words) on a variety of topics
- You’re proficient at working remote
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- You understand social media KPIs such as engagement, reach, impressions
- You understand how to write and “speak” in different client voices
You’re a GREAT fit for this role if:
- You have at least 2 years of social media experience in an agency setting
- You’ve managed a paid ads budget
- You’re a master at using Sprout Social
- You can create custom reports in Google Analytics
- You can set up custom tracking for campaigns
- You’re comfortable developing, managing and advising on content strategy
Very Important: The perfect candidate can see a future in social media as a social media content strategist, and is proud to be working in social media.
How mental wellness is supported in this role:
Mental wellness at McLernon & Co. is important because we know that social media content managers are on the frontlines of the internet and social media, both of which we know impact mental wellness. Therefore we are proactive about establishing boundaries for our team.
- Traditional working weeks are limited to 40 hours a week: we set hard boundaries with little to no email or Slack after hours unless it’s a hot matter (which is limited in this business), plus, no weekend communication unless it’s a predetermined weekend project for a client.
- This person can be reimbursed for up to $125 per month for mental wellness support.
- The amount of time on social media platforms during working hours for this person is expected to be 20 hours/ week.
- Though this job does require you to be online via email and Slack, it doesn’t require you to be on social media 40 hours a week. This person is encouraged to find opportunities to fulfill their role without having social media tabs open.
- This person will also have monthly 1:1 meetings with Amanda to talk about their personal relationship with social media.
This is a Full Time W2 position with a salary base of $50-$60k/year depending on experience level.
After 90 days in the role this position will be eligible for bonuses up to $1,000/ month. Bonuses will be based on client account performance and monthly billed revenue targets.
Please Apply By:
- Emailing your resume, portfolio and note about why you’d love to work at McLernon & Co. to email@example.com
- Please ensure your resume and note speaks to the responsibilities and desired qualifications, plus showcases past accounts you have managed. We will not be able to interview every candidate who applies and will be offering interviews based on the materials you submit.