Application Period Open for: Denver Social Media Strategist
Social Media Marketers at McLernon & Co. are the cream of the crop in the social media marketing industry. Our team combines their creative content development skills with data driven strategy to drive results for our clients. We are savvy, emotionally intelligent and SOCIAL!
To apply please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Media Strategist (SMS) is a senior-level position at McLernon & Co. As a social media strategist they are responsible for managing a small team and collectively leveraging their social media strategy skillset to create strong creative content, grow client brand accounts and produce results.
Salary Range: This role is a W2 role with a salary range of $65,000-$70,000 base plus quarterly bonus compensation plus benefits. The total compensation with quarterly bonus is expected to be $75,000-$95,000. The base range depends on experience and proven results.
Role Location: This is a Denver based hybrid role as our company is based in Denver. Some travel around the Denver metro area is expected for this role. Candidates must be based in Denver to be considered for this role.
Start Date: This position would start in April 2023.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- You live in the Denver metro area and are able to work hybrid in office and remote with some expectation of Denver metro area travel
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, advertising, business, journalism or PR
- 8 years of agency experience (we are not accepting candidates with only in-house or only freelance experience for this role)
- Experience includes titles like: Digital Strategist, Digital Strategy Manager, Digital Director, Account or project manager, Account Executive, Social Media Manager, Content Creator
- You enjoy working on multiple projects and clients simultaneously and are excellent at time management
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a strong work ethic and take pride in your work
At least 8 years of social media content creation & platform management experience
- Video editing in your platform of choice
- Light photo editing in your platform of choice
- Understanding of font and color pairings
- Take simple photos and videos (iPhone creators welcomed!)
- You are fluent in Canva & Adobe
- You have managed campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Twitter growing audiences and producing results
- You have a few years of experience working within Sprout Social
At least 8 years of copywriting experience
- Caption content
- Paid Ads content
- Blog content
- Copy editing / proofreading
At least 3 years of paid advertising on social media experience
- Paid ad strategy development
- Budget allocation
- Paid ad setup in the Meta Suite
- UTM Naming experience
- Tracking & conversions experience
At least 8 years of reporting experience
- You understand Google Analytics and how to tie those analytics to actionable insights
- You have pulled monthly reporting that ties your content and social media management to results
Preferred Qualifications, Interests & Skills
Preferred Tools / Platform Experience
- Professional certification in Google Analytics
Preferred Industry Experience, Interests, Skills
- You have experience in the tourism industry
- You have experience in e-commerce marketing
- You have experience in e-commerce marketing
- Passionate about and interested in DEAI (diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion)
- You speak Spanish fluently and can write / create content in Spanish
Passionate about social media
- You are a daily learner and are eager to develop your skill set and influence the social media industry
- You are *really* good at creating TikTok videos and Reels
- You know how to grow social media accounts and you have creative ideas for brands to succeed on social media
- You are data driven and know how to create content that doesn’t just look good but that performs
- You LOVE social media and are constantly learning about new platforms, new content types and new social media campaigns
- You’re great at working remote AND love to still see people IRL (In-real-life)
- You want to work on a team that loves serving our clients and impacting their businesses
- You want to help our company grow and would enjoy representing the company in Denver
- You believe in our mission and methodology to Keep Social Media Social™️
Very Important: The ideal candidate is proud to be working in social media and can see a long future in the industry.
Join Our Company:
McLernon & Co. is a social media agency whose mission is to Keep Social Media Social. We offer a variety of services to our clients including social media strategy, consulting, content and campaign management. We have a wide range of clients within the tourism, hospitality, event/entertainment and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industries.
Founder & CEO Amanda McLernon started the agency in 2016 after realizing that the social media industry needed more focus and more strategic expertise than other full service marketing agencies could give it. We have been successful in this mission and are proud to have just been recognized as one of the top 100 influencers in advertising and marketing.
Our team loves content marketing and digital marketing and uses our expertise in the industry to create, launch and manage campaigns that are strategic and savvy.
We are proud to be social media content creators, managers and strategists, and our work is treated with respect amongst our peers in the industry. We know that social media is so much more than likes and follows, and when done properly can drive serious results for our clients.
How mental wellness is supported at our company:
Mental wellness at McLernon & Co. is important because we know that social media professionals are on the frontlines of the internet and social media, both of which we know impact mental wellness. Therefore, we are proactive about establishing boundaries for our team.
- Traditional working weeks at our company are limited to 40 hours a week: we set boundaries with little email or Slack after hours unless it’s a hot matter plus no weekend communication unless it’s a predetermined weekend project for a client.
- The amount of time on social media platforms during working hours for any team member is expected to be a maximum of 25 hours/ week.
- Though our industry does require our team to be online via email and Slack, it doesn’t require us to be on social media 40 hours a week. Our team is encouraged to find opportunities to fulfill their role without having social media tabs open.
- Our team members have the choice to have monthly 1:1 meetings with our Founder & CEO, Amanda to talk about their personal relationship with social media.